Two Holy Cross Projects Completed for Fall Semester
Brooks Concert Hall at the College of the Holy Cross recently held its first concert in the renovated space. Because the hall is used by the Music Department for concerts and recitals, greatly improved acoustics and a more intimate seating arrangement were priorities. LPA’s design for the 4,500 square-foot renovation includes new horseshoe-shaped seating for 180, new risers and a new lighting grid. Brooks Hall is located in the original 1843 chapel, Fenwick Hall, where original features still exist. The design intentionally contrasts the new design with the original architecture.
Part of an ambitious summer construction project, the Millard Arts Department renovation and additions include a large skylight studio and individual independent study studio spaces totaling 4,500 square feet. The expansion addresses program needs that surfaced in a previous study of the college’s performing and fine arts facilities.
Categorized In: News
Tagged In: Higher Education, Renovation