- Contemplation, prayer, and reflection are at the center of the Jesuit tradition, but Holy Cross lacked a space of its own for its popular retreat programs
- The modest yet refined building design coupled with the rural setting and dramatic views express a place of importance – a place to focus on spiritual renewal and growth
- The building includes 60 beds in a combination of single and shared bedrooms, meeting space for up to 70 people, break out rooms for smaller meetings, a reception area, an 1,800 square foot chapel, a kitchen and dining area, office space for staff, and outdoor spaces to take in the natural beauty of the 50-acre property
- To achieve a sense of simplicity, the number of interior finishes has been limited to the fewest possible. Choices of materials have been based upon appropriateness to the site, focused on deciduous hardwoods and stone which dominate the interior
- Building materials and systems were also selected to minimize maintenance and operating costs. LPA served as the architect in collaboration with William J. Masiello Architect, Inc.