- The MSBA study determined that a replacement school is needed for the nearly 100 year-old school in the center of town.
- After analyzing 31 potential sites, the site of the former Glavin Center on Lake Street was selected.
- The 790-student K-4 school will be in use year-round and will be LEED-certified.
- Completion of the school has allowed for the district to offer full-day kindergarten and address a number of deficiencies beyond those of the former Beal School.
- The building was constructed using CM@Risk delivery method and opened in 2021.
- The school features murals by well-known author and illustrator Peter H. Reynolds.